LAUNCH A PODCAST (WEEK 1)
Hey there and welcome to the first week of Launch A Podcast 5 Week Challenge.
Please check the welcome video below where I give a short explanation on how we are going to do this together.
Here are some important points to remember (that I’m explaining a bit more in the video):
1. LPC is short for Launch A Podcast Challenge
2. LPC Weekly Monday Call is a Zoom call every Monday at 7pm (19:00 Central European Time)
3. LPC Weekly HomeWork is a task that you will get every week during LPC Weekly Monday Call. Please take this HomeWork siriously and reserve 5 to 10 hours per week to be able to finish it. Only if you do this right you will be able to progress week by week and finish a challenge in 5 weeks.
4. LPC Weekly Review – You have to finish your LPC HomeWork by Saturday Midday for revision and feedback so you can build upon this knowledge.
So please put Mondays at 7pm in your calendar now so that you don’t forget or schedule something else by mistake later in the next weeks. I don’t know about you but I have to write down everything, write a note, put in the calendar otherwise… Yeah, crazy times. It’s not that we are stupid, but we have too much to do everyday, right? But that’s another topic and another challenge 😉
After you watch the video please also check a Zoom link below for LPC Week 1 Monday Call and I can’t wait to see you on the first call.
What are we going to cover this week?
Week 1 is all about Foundations!
We are going to cover:
1. How to name your podcast
It is important you name your podcast properly and I’ll tell you all about it.
2. Who is your listener persona?
You have to know who is your listener. You have to define it so you will be able to do better decisions regarding your podcast content and also in the way you are going to deliver it.
3. What are you visuals?
You will need some visual elements for publishing podcast. We will look at what is important, how to decide for proper visuals and how to create them.
4. What is podcast hosting, which one to choose and why?
Don’t worry. We are going to be just a bit technical here but we will go easy on you 😉 Heck, we will also create an account with a podcasting host step by step. I have your back.
5. Are you going for audio only podcast or will you use video also?
I strongly recommend using video and I’ll tel you why. It is definitely not something you have to do it from day one but I think you will definitely regret it later if you decide to do only audio.
6. Finally, let’s choose your microphone!
LPC WEEK 1 MONDAY CALL
And here are the details for our first LPC Call.
Please make sure your webcam is on and that you are in a quite place. To get the most out of the call please also take care about possible distractions, so turn off notifications on your phone, lock your kids somewhere so that they are not able to distract you 😉 etc. Well, you get the point, right? 😉